Plagiat.pl is the owner of the StrikePlagiarism.com system and was founded in 2002. Due to wide Internet access, the copy-paste method, as well as various companies writing dissertations in the form of a "ghost-writer" or contract cheating (dissertation mills) have become a global phenomenon and a serious threat to the quality of modern education and science.
Since 2002, our team has been actively engaged in changing attitudes towards academic plagiarism and developing technological, legal and procedural solutions. Plagiat.pl operates in 20 countries (Poland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Romania, etc.) and covers more than 500 universities, including Humboldt University in Berlin, Sofia University, Warsaw University, Jagiellonian University, etc.
In Poland, more than 200 universities and more than 100 publishers of the country use the StrikePlagiarism.com system.
Since 2015, a large number of round tables, seminars and trainings for teachers and students have been held in Ukraine. At the moment, more than 90 universities in Ukraine use the StrikePlagiarism.com system.
In Kazakhstan, our company cooperates with 55 universities of the country. Our mission is supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan, as well as by NTSNTE. In 2015, the company, together with local universities, held more than 10 round tables on plagiarism. In 2019, the company was admitted to the Academic Honesty League. Since 2020, Ali Tahmazov, Executive Director of Plagiat.pl, is an expert on plagiarism at the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Almaty office in Kazakhstan also supports cooperation with universities in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, where a total of 15 educational institutions use the StrikePlagiarism.com system. In 2017, the Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyzstan recommended the StrikePlagiarism.com system for the use of scientific and student work at all universities in the country.
Our technologies have gained the trust of the Polish Ministry of Education and Science and the Ministry of Education and Science of Romania, which allowed us to integrate with the national doctoral dissertation repository of Romania (DOCT), as well as the Polish national student repository (ORPPD).
In Georgia in 2018, the Ministry of Education and Science recommended the StrikePlagiarism.com system to universities of the country. At the moment we are cooperating with 12 universities of Georgia. Georgian universities are actively using the system to prevent plagiarism in dissertations and student work.
In Azerbaijan, our company cooperates with 25 universities of the country, with 10 institutes of the Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan and with several publishing houses. Our mission is supported by the Ministry of Education and the Copyright Agency. In 2015, the Ministry of Education together with the Copyright Agency organized a round table on plagiarism, where our experts, representatives of the Academy of Sciences and the rectors of Baku universities spoke. In 2016, amendments to the Education Law were adopted, which stipulated responsibility for plagiarism. In 2018, Plagiat.pl signed an agreement with the Higher Attestation Commission of Azerbaijan for several years, which allows the Higher Attestation Commission to check all dissertations and scientific articles in the database of StrikePlagiarism.com.
Chronology of Achievements
- Cooperation with the Ministries of Higher Education of Poland, the Ministry of Education and Science of Romania, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Ministry of Innovative Development of Uzbekistan etc.
- Polish Accreditation Commission
- Conference of Rectors of Poland
- Round table with the Ministry of Innovative Development of Uzbekistan (2019)
- Support from the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of Uzbekistan (2019)
- Integration with the Polish national repository of student papers
- Integration with the Romanian National PhD dissertation repository
- Memorandum with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (2018)
- Recommendation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia (2018)
- Recommendation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyzstan (2017)
- Recommendation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Azerbaijan (2016)
- Start cooperation in Portugal, Spain, Jordan (2018)
- Start cooperation in Bulgaria, Baltic states (2017)
- Start cooperation in Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tadjikistan (2015)
- Start cooperation in Romania and Moldova (2010)